Thursday, September 2, 2010

Celebrity Sightings

Hello, fellow Pico denizens! Pinkerton here (finally!) with what will hopefully turn into an ongoing installment on PicoStyle.

Now, I have a question for you. What comes to mind when I say "PAPARAZZI." No, no. Stop singing that song. Yes, I know it's a funny word! But the answer I was looking for was celebrities. Yes, celebrities. Love them, hate them, feel indifferent towards them... there's no denying that they make the world go 'round. They provide us with hours of entertainment, whether it be in the form of acting, singing, dancing, or just completely losing their collective minds and giving people plenty of gossip to talk about. It was only a matter of time, then, that Pico would be greeted by some of them! If you don't have a keen eye, chances are you might've missed a few. No need to worry, though. That's why I am here.

The purpose of this is to showcase 3 or 4 celebrities with each update. You will notice that, while there are "conventional" celebrities (music artists, movie actors, etc.), there will also be some more... well, "unconventional" celebrities. What do I mean by this? Keep reading and you will shortly find out.




Do do do do-do DO do. Everyone that has played a video game at least once in their life should know this theme song by heart. The Mario Bros. franchise is perhaps the most recognized & beloved video game franchise to this day, and with good reason. To say that Mario and his friends are not "celebrities" in some sense is like saying we don't need air to survive* (*apologies to our underwater subscribers for this comment). But the love for Mario on Pico doesn't stop at the avatars. I've come across a couple rooms in which the owners decided to pay tribute to Mario by creating their very own 8-Bit characters entirely out of blocks! Sadly, I was in such awe that I did not take a screenshot. If you ever happen to see them, let me know!



obama



Yes we can. That message says it all. Obama, the 44th President of the United States, was spotted in Pico recently by our very own Gem! Here, he was giving her a speech about change. Now, I'm not sure if by "change" he meant currency (gummies?) or if he was possibly trying to give her some advice on changing her wardrobe... but when he talks, he is far too charismatic for me to care about what he is saying. After this, I'm looking forward to finding an Abraham Lincoln in Pico with his trademark tophat and beard. Can this happen? Yes it can.


pico liberty

Freedom or DIE. Well, what else can I say about this? The Statue of Liberty is a National Monument, for crying out loud! Besides croissants and crepes, it's probably the best thing to come from France. And who could've ever guessed that the Statue of Liberty could be so trendy with glasses and a skirt on? I mean, I might've thought about it once or twice, but I did not expect to ever see it. Oh, and for the guys... I think she's single!

And there you have it, folks! The update was short & sweet this time around, but you can expect plenty more where that came from. Next week, be on the lookout for a music edition of Celebrity Sightings. Until then, take care Pico friends!

Have you seen a celebrity on Pico? Did you get a chance to take your camera out in time and grab some snapshots? If so, send them to picostylers@gmail.com and they might appear here!

No comments:

Post a Comment