Thursday, September 9, 2010

Celebrity Sightings: Music Edition



What time is it? Nope, it's not Adventure Time. It's time for another installment of Celebrity Sightings! This week is going to be a bit different. Last time on Celebrity Sightings, we saw a couple avatars that fell under the "unconventional celebrities" list. This week, though, we will be seeing nothing but actual entertainers. Well-known entertainers, at that. And to top it off, I will be showcasing more than 3 profiles. So, let's begin!



This is it. Remember what I said last week about Mario being one of the most beloved video game characters? Well, replace "Mario" with "Michael Jackson" and "video game character" with "pop idol/musical genius," and you will almost have a decent comparison to work with. I can't even begin to describe how essential Michael Jackson was to music. He pushed boundaries, broke records and made people think twice about what it truly meant to be an artist. If one person ever defined the word "entertainer," it was him. There's no surprise, then, that his fanbase is one of the largest for any musician. Ever. As such, the love for him is constantly shown in Pico...

pico mj

As you will notice, there are many different incarnations of Michael Jackson on Pico... but they all share the same sentiment when it comes to honoring him and his memory.


mj
mj gambling

When you think of Michael Jackson, you can't forget about Neverland Ranch, the home he so famously lived in for many years. There is one being constructed in Pico even as we speak ...

neverland
pico mj 2

... and, speaking of unforgettable, how about all those amazing dance moves Michael Jackson perfected! There's probably one that pops to the forefront of everyone's mind, though, and that is the Moonwalk:

mj moonwalk

As I said, there's really no words to describe how important he is, was and always will be to music. I could probably do an entire separate installment on him alone, but for the sake of the blog, this will have to suffice for the time being.


You ain't nothing but a hound dog. Yet another very famous and adored musician/entertainer is none other than Elvis. He won over the ladies with his gyrating hips, and won over everyone else with his voice. No wonder he's always singing and dancing whenever I catch a rare glimpse of him in Pico!

pico elvis

I know some of you may say "wait... didn't Elvis have black hair," but you need to remember that Elvis was a natural blond until he grew up and dyed it. What we have here is a younger, slimmer Elvis than we are used to.



SHE'S CHEER CAPTAIN AND I'M A BLEACHER. Well, uh... to be honest... I'm not very familiar with Taylor Swift, so those might not be the exact lyrics. However, I do know some things. One is that she looks like the offspring of Renee Zellweger. Another is that she is among the new "it" girls in the music scene these days. I was able to catch Taylor singing a hit song of her's:

taylor swift

When I got closer and nicely asked for an autograph (which I planned to promptly sell on eBay for a few quick bucks), she didn't seem too pleased about it...
taylor swift 2

I guess there's always next time!



Waka Waka. Not only is that the sound that Fozzy Bear and Pac-Man make, but apparently that was the title of the song she wrote for this year's World Cup. I think (and hope) that the similarity between the three end there. Shakira is known for a number of hit songs that have been released over the past few years, and she is also known for her exotic dancing. "Dem hips," indeed. When I recently spotted her in Pico...

shakira

... I was hoping to get a shot of her moves. What? No, NO. I said MOVES. Sheesh! Anyways, after a while she finally graced everyone with a dance. They soon joined in.

shakira 2

597px-Justin_Beaver

I'll start by saying that I don't know too much about Justin Bieber because a) I am not an impressionable young girl and b) I do not trust what he is hiding behind that swoop of his. The only thing I do know, and the only thing I care about knowing, is that one of his songs slowed down by 800% is sort of neat (come on, admit it). But, where there's young girls to be swooned, he is bound to be there. And by "there" I obviously mean Pico.

jason beaver

Hey, Justin... don't you know that you have to be at least 18 to gamble? I think you should start off slow by playing Monopoly or "Go Fish," and then come back in a few years once you are older.

Well, that wraps it up for this segment. Hope you had fun reading it. Next time, I will be doing a Disney themed "Celebrity Sightings" ...so be on the lookout for that!

Have you seen a celebrity on Pico? Did you get a chance to take your camera out in time and grab some snapshots? If so, send them to picostylers@gmail.com and they might appear here!

2 comments:

  1. OMG. Shakiraaaa! I'm so jealous! I love love love her! Hips don't lie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I'm a bleacher. When I read that I burst out laughing.

    ReplyDelete