This morning around 11AM (EST) a lull in what I was working on and boredom drove me to try logging onto Pico to get a head start on maxing out my earned Gummies for the day.
I was a little surprised, but not overly surprised to be met with the Server Maintenance page. I didn't remember a notice for scheduled server maintenance for today. But okay.
Almost 8 hours later, Pico was still down!
Usually, maintenance takes an hour or two. Something is definitely amiss. What could it be?
Here are some of the scenarios that Gem Rock, Peggy and I think are likely for causing the mess:
- Some intelligent and devious Pico completed the newly released laboratory set and created a bomb. Pico moderators had to shut down operations and call the Bomb Squad to diffuse the device. Teams are still working on it.
- Since Peggy Hill's head has been gradually expanding since she joined, it's reached the limit of the Picoverse and can no longer be contained. This cranial expansion has locked down the servers. Pico has top geeks working to solve the problem.
- Pico developers are preparing for Gem Rock's glorious return and are pulling out all the stops! Rumor has it there is parade in the works with a large Phở bowl float.
- Distressed by her bad luck at Premium Gacha, Ayuhime is holding the Gacha machine in the Chess Field room hostage until she gets her crown. To ensure no one is hurt during her mad rampage, all Picos not involved in the stand-off must go offline.
- In an expression of her undying love, chikemuri began sculpting a statue of Pinkerton in the most noble of poses. The statue reaches so far up into the grey abyss above her room that it overloaded the server circuits. Sources claim that a falling block maimed Pinky's trusty companion, Flapjack.
- Unbeknownst to the rest of the Picostyle team, Catero is the leader of the guerrilla rebel group, Los Picos de la Libertad, charged with a mandate to force Pico developers to give us more inventory space. The group's planned hostile take-over of the Pico headquarters backfired when a stray bullet damaged the server.
- The people who run Pico are taking a secret day off to play chess.
Note: I can't claim all of these ideas as my own! Peggy Hill and Gem Rock came up with them too.