Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Countdown to closing on March 23, 2011

Dear Readers,

I’d like to think that Picostyle was the first Pico blog, though I’m not sure if this fact is 100% true.

Back in March 2010, Picostyle was created as a fun way to journal my fun and outlandish explorations of Ameba Pico. I thought that this relatively new online social game would hold lots of humor and adventures … and I was right!

Since that first post, I dragged my good friend Peggy Hill into Pico and she began blogging on Picostyle with me as well. The blog grew as more writers came along - Gem Rock, sweet_mom, Ayuhime and Pinkerton - who provided us with really quality writing on subjects like fashion, events, new rooms, interiors. Most importantly you came along for the ride. Yes, all of you have given us lots of reasons to post about the wonderful and not-so-wonderful things that are (officially and unofficially) being done and said in Pico.

Over the many months, we’ve garnered many fans ... and some haters. And whether through praises or criticism, our readers have been the motivation to keep us sharing our stories, perspectives and opinions.

All good things must come to an end, my friends. And as of March 23, 2011 - exactly one year from the date that Picostyle started - the blog will produce it’s final post and power down.

Whether this will be the end or just an extremely long hiatus, I'm unsure at this point.

Until then, we will continue to give you the same quality of writing that you have come to expect from us.

Sincerely,
Catero
Picostyle Founder